- Icon 3: Smart, Elegant, Innovative
- Smallest sample volume makes it ideal for pediatric use
- Smallest reagent consumption
- A4 paper size footprint
- ER mode for use at point-of-care
- NormaAccess-Remote support tool
The Icon 3 is a smart, 3-part differential hematology analyzer that sets new standards in terms of features, functions and style. This iconic laboratory device combines cutting edge technology with a fresh and elegant design. The Icon 3 provides a 22-parameter complete cell blood count report that includes histograms for WBC, RBC and PLT.
What makes this device special and innovative is its microfluidics technology that enables to reduce reagent consumption by approximately 80% compared to other analyzers on the market. Furthermore, the Icon 3 has not only one of the smallest dimensions (283 x 226 x 333 mm) within its class, but it measures capillary blood samples as well, which allows it to be used in Emergency Departments, Pediatrics Departments, in ICUs or in private clinics. The Norma Icon 3 has definitely changed the hematology landscape: there is no other analyzer like the Icon.
Highlights and benefits:
- Icon 3 has a footprint of an A4 sheet of paper – probably the smallest dimensions of its class worldwide.
- Norma Icon 3 is a hematology analyzer based on microfluidic components. This cutting edge technology enables reducing reagent consumption by approx. 80% compared with analyzers built on the decades-old traditional technology.
- Despite its ultra-compact sizing Icon 3 has a throughput of 60 samples per hour.
- Icon 3 can process closed or open vials.
- Norma Icon 3 aspirates 9.6µL whole blood but actually uses only 2.4µL – the smallest sample volume ever processed by a hematology analyzer.
- This space-saving device has a 10 inch high resolution touch screen user interface that can handle motion sensing gestures – an entirely new interaction experience with the unit.
- Norma Icon 3 is designed to be remote-supported. System check, trouble shooting, software upgrade can be carried out at the user’s site at any time if internet access is available.
- Small reagent volumes help keep down the wasteful, polluting usage of laboratory chemicals. By eliminating the need of transporting tons of reagents to long distances and using a “green” result printing concept Norma Icon helps saving a significant part of the running expenses, keeping cost per test low and protecting the environment.
Norma Icon 3 … a point-of-care hematology analyzer
Its portable size and the handy reagent pack make Norma Icon 3 easy to use at the point-of-care. The high throughput, low running cost and small sample volume make it an outstanding analyzer for laboratory use also.
With Icon 3 you save space, time and costs.
Norma Icon 3 is ideal for cost sensitive, environment conscious users, open to embrace new solutions based on innovative technology and trendsetting design.
Icon measures capillary blood samples
Due to its special design Norma Icon can directly measure capillary blood samples collected in BD Microtainer® MAP (Microtube for Automated Process) with K2EDTA. BD Microtainer® MAP tubes are designed for the collection, transport and automated processing of skin puncture samples from infants, children, geriatric, oncology, and critical care patients. This tube is used for capillary collections from skin punctures, such as heel sticks on infants or finger sticks on small children. It holds between 250 and 500 μl of blood.
Norma Access is a unique remote tool device that enables the service engineers to control the analyzers of the customers from their offices.
Norma POS Thermal Printer
The Seiko RP-E printers compatible with Norma Icon print test result in just 1 second. With this industry-leading performance you can save precious time. Our printers are not just quick but absolutely silent and cut the printout to the length you need, automatically. The 80 mm paper width is convenient for the detailed display of distribution and scatter diagrams. The printout header can be customized in the Icon.
- Industry-leading printing performance, up to 350 mm (1.15 feet) per second
- Smallest footprint available to free up space
- Standard and front-access control options for more flexibility
- Minimum service life 150 km (93 miles) of printing and 2 million cuts
- LED indicator for improved usability
- Printing method: Direct thermal
- Resolution: 203 dpi
- Paper width: 80 mm
- Print speed: 350 mm/sec